Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Plums Are Nice


Ahhh...the pressure of the first post. The intimidating carte blanche. What shall I begin with? Shall this opening statement dictate forever the path that my inner ramblings shall take?


Well not really to be honest. I'm a changeable artichoke. One day I'm a philosopher the next I'm a butterfly. Where am I? In a bush, in a lane, in a salad bowl? No, I am inside yourself.

The artichoke panders to no man-made rules...I speak my own mind and some days I might only want to say:

"THE BANANAS ARE COMING!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!"






And the next I may tell you what I think about Harry Potter (The books are great but Potter is a pansy just in case you were wondering). Tomorrow I might want to discuss the theoretical principles of Descartes or Paulo Freire or maybe I will feel like chatting to you about oranges (yuck!) or Taylor Lautner (yum!).

In other words; I want you to expect nothing and yet everything from the words that I so gleefully lay down. If you come here with a pre-concieved notion I'll eat it like it was covered in chocolate and pink sprinkles. Arrive with an open mind and revel in the unimportant mumblings and rumblings of my errant mind.

The Artichoke has spoken.



2 comments:

  1. Awe and reverence!

    Finally, the great Artichoke speaks. This is fab, i will check it out, to be sure.

    PS love the name, miss T Melila.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah, the first comment! You have just made the Artichoke's day 'O great and wondrous Christy! May you be blessed with a whole bag of cumquats!

    Much Artichoke love,

    The Artichoke

    ReplyDelete